Learning to dance isn’t just about looking cool on the dance floor or impressing someone from across the room in hopes of landing a date. Dance lessons are good for you in many ways including physically, mentally, and emotionally. Here are 5 great reasons to start dancing and improve yourself today.
- Sparks discussion: Dance lessons are a great conversation starter. Everyone has stepped onto the dance floor at some point in their life. Dancing is a topic anyone can relate to and can open the door to many topics. When you learn to dance, not only are you learning something physical but mentally too. Many social dances have a series of patterns which require a general knowledge of rhythms and patterns to coordinate with particular kinds of music. There is a ton of history behind social dances like Swing, Salsa and Tango and each dance is culturally diverse. You just never know where your dance history or knowledge will take you.
- Makes you feel something: Dancing is great for your soul. Dancing is a wonderful way to forget about the stresses of the day and focus on yourself. Letting go and allowing yourself to get lost in the dance will allow you to be more focused when it’s important.
- Gives you joy: Have you ever heard a great song on the radio that just makes you tap your toes and boogie with delight? Your body wants to move and it wants to dance! Learning to dance is a great way to feel joy and to feel good. Dance is a wonderful way to get the entire body moving, effect and change your mood.
- Healthy outlet: This is an obvious reason to learn to dance. A body in motion stays in motion. Here are just a few health benefits:
- Whole body exercise/workout
- Promotes blood circulation
- Helps build strong bones and lubricates joints
- Burns calories
- Improves memory
- Encourages great posture and helps balance
- Fires imagination: It’s easy to get stuck in a routine. Don’t allow yourself to do the same thing every day. Learning to dance is a great way to try something new and get you thinking in a new way. There are many different dances to learn such as Waltz, Rumba, Foxtrot, Swing, Salsa and more! You just never know what might inspire you. By getting out of your comfort zone, you allow yourself to think differently or may be open to new ideas. Dance lessons could improve your productivity at home or in the office.
So get up and get dancing!
Hope to see you on the dance floor!